Crime Victim Compensation (CVC) can help victims recover financially from the physical and emotional injuries caused during a criminal act. Not all crimes or losses are eligible for compensation pursuant to C.R.S. 24-4.1-101 et. al. A link to the Crime Victim Compensation Colorado Revised Statute is provided below.
Crime Victim Compensation can help with:
- Medical/dental bills related to a crime
- Eyeglasses, dentures, hearing aids and prosthesis that are damaged
- or become necessary due to a criminal act
- Outpatient or homemaker care
- Mental health counseling
- Burial or funeral expenses
- Loss of wages due to crime injury
- Loss of support after a crime related death
- Replacement of exterior, residential doors, locks and windows
- Professional crime scene clean-up of bodily fluid
Please visit www.crimevictimcompensation.org for a full description of eligibility requirements, compensable crimes, compensable losses and application forms.